Friday, January 9, 2009

You should be able to pass these tests, or you are less athletic!

FIRST THINGS FIRST...To make your life easier, maybe, I am now accepting credit cards!

Ok, Brian Thompson (big man on campus at McGetrick Golf Academy) and I were 'formulating" a plan for 2009 and we were talking about my talks at the Denver Golf Expo and how I will be speaking about the three basic tests that I test in my evaluation of all my clients; the pelvic tilt test, the torso rotation test and the pelvis rotation test.

And while I was visualizing my speech and how I will be getting attnedees to perform these tests, that got me thinking...

Practically 100% of the attendees, will fail one or more of these three tests!
Here is an example of each from the Titleist Performance Institute (www.mytpi.com)...

Seems pretty simple, right?

Well, YOU will also fail one or more of these tests!

Got your attention?

Ok, good! Now...for those of you who doubt whether Golf is a non-athletic event, then how is it that most golfers (or athletes) will only get to a certain level of their ability to be successful at the game?

No, it's not because they don't have the best clubs (because most do!), or because they lack practice, it's actually due to the fact that their bodies CANNOT AND WILL NOT learn or be able to perform the swing as it is intended to occur!

Seriously, the above tests are foundational to our ability to move, yet everyone will fail one or more of the tests that allow normal human movement!

Here's my point...if everyone who comes in to see me no matter the sport they play, and they cannot move their pelvis correctly, then no wonder they cannot understand how "athletic" of a sport golf is and can be! They have lost their innate ability to move, and becuase of that, golf and other sports are hard to do, hard to get good at, hard to improve at, and hard to compete at!

In the end, get your body working and then you wil be able to enjoy how "athletic" Golf can be, and that my friends, is when Golf is fun!

Visit www.championshipgolffitness.com for more info.

No comments: